If you are not happy with the stopping power of your vehicle then you will LOVE this Tekonsha 90195 Electronic Brake Controller. The built in brake controller in our Toyota Tundra did not work well. Trying to stop especially at stop lights was very jerky, not smooth at all and the brake response seemed too slow. We wanted more power and control. This is exactly what we got with this brake controller. It is in sync with our truck braking system which gives much quicker response and peace of mind when towing. It seems as though we are not even towing!
Brake Controller Installation
The installation was super easy and took less than 30 minutes. If your vehicle is already equipped with a built in tow module then you will not have to cut any wires and it integrates seamlessly with the truck. Make sure when ordering that the correct wiring harness is being shipped. Ours came with the wrong one but the manufacturer sent the correct one quickly.
Other Benefits from Using Brake Controller When Towing RV
- Manual braking option- lever on the device allows you to manually apply trailer brakes if you start to lose control to stabilize quickly.
- 3 customizable modes to match towing needs and fine tune stopping power
- More power and control
- Much smoother braking
- Easy to read display- change colors to match interior vehicle lights
- Quicker brake response
- Diagnostics show output current, battery, brake, and output voltage and warning system alerts to No Trailer Brake situations
- Boost feature allows for different levels of customized braking, select Electric over Hydraulic or Electric trailer brake mode
- Integrated Plug-N-Play port for 2-plug adapters and Snap-in mounting clip allows user to remove and store the control when not in use
Compact, dash-hugging design.
- Electric trailer brake control for up to 4 braking axles.